Tuesday, September 29, 2015

THE BEST MENTORS

Here are some of my mentors; Abraham Lincoln, Nelson Mandela, Andrew Carnegie, Jack Welch, Lee Iacocca, Mary Kay Ash, Peter Drucker, Seth Godin, Steve Jobs, Walt Disney, Margaret Thatcher, Ken Blanchard, Julie Morgenstern, Jim Collins, Patrick Lencloni, Judith Glaser, John Maxwell, and
many more.
 

You might ask how some of the above could be mentors when they are actually dead.  A mentor can be anyone who provides you with wisdom in an area in which you are seeking to learn.  I love to read so I make it a habit of reading biographies and business wisdom from people who have accomplished great things.  Woodrow Wilson said, “I not only use all the brains that I have, but all I can borrow.”  Reading allows me to borrow wisdom and encourages me to press on with my goals.
Look for your own mentors:

·         Read - ebooks are great, I like to write notes in my books so I go to Goodwill and used bookstores for books I want to devour.

·         Ask people you admire questions - you can often learn the most amazing things about what a person has experienced or knows just by asking a few questions.   

·         Listen to audio books – your car can be one of the best places to learn.  Just don’t try taking notes while you are driving. 

·         Talk to different generations - find out what the younger generation is interested in and what an older generation really needs. 

Let me know what other mentor ideas you have or use.  You might be my next mentor!

No comments:

Post a Comment